quarta-feira, 2 de novembro de 2011

holiday life.

It was a holiday here in my city. It's always a holiday in Brazil, as it may seem. Everytime I say that, I think of my Canadian friends saying this is one of the reasons why living in Brazil is so cool. I'm not a very big fan of holidays in the middle of the week, though.

So, as it was a holiday, (Day of the Dead in Brazil), I had pretty much n.o.t.h.i.n.g. to do all day long. This means plenty of time to stay in bed with my laptop on my legs, visiting tons of blogs worldwide. 

I decided, then, that it would be a nice idea to share some of my daily visits with whoever reads this blog, and for myself in the future. There's a lot of good stuff and good people as well as a lot of silly stuff, too - just a warning! There you'll go:


* I'm not too sure what to think about this: Beatles + Kesha. One part of me says, okay, it's a Beatles remix, relax, another part of me says: WHAT DO THESE PEOPLE THINK THEY ARE DOING TO THE BEATLES? 

* Blogs - Daily visits to cool mamas: Rockstar Diaries, A Cup of Jo, Sometimessweet and Thedaybookblog. It's funny how I've been following these girls since I came across this magic place called blogland and how my life and their lives changed so much. I can still recall when Joanna from A Cup of Jo got engaged, or how Danielle from Sometimessweet announced her pregnancy or else how Naomi vanished from her blog and came back with an amazing picture to announce she was expecting a baby. It is so cool that I have the chance to be part of their world and cheer with them and hope everything is allright with their lives. Even though they don't know me, it's still pretty cool!

* Blogs - daily visits to the newly engaged/married girls - Mara from MlovesM and Emily from Cupcakes&Cashmere, not only do I love their blogs because of fashion, cool recipes, lifestyle, but because we have so much in common, it's amazing. I remember the first time I entered Mara's blog: it was so nice reading it I went back to her first post and read everything avidly till the end. 

* Blogs - daily visits to Meg from the Wild and Wily Ways of a Brunette Bombshell - this one, forementioned in many posts on this blog - is probably a sister I had in a different life for we think so alike it scares me sometimes. we never talked to each other, even though I have attempted to writing some comments on her posts. It's bedside reading.

* Other than that, there is Pinterest. Oh my Gosh. As I was telling a friend the other day - whoever invented Pinterest had no social life and didn't want anybody else to have it either. It is so freaking amazing I can't stop pinning stuff onto it. It's just so cool a way of spending your afternoons over the sights of pretty things and as you can see from my blogger profile, I'm smitten with all things different. Pinterest is my addiction. I can't help it.

* Another great thing one of my students showed the other day is this guy David Armand who is part of this sketch on BBC called Interpretative Dance. Oh My GOD. I almost peed my pants watching this video. And youtube has a gazillion videos with his interpretations. Do yourself a favor and click on the link. I promise you won't regret it. (I watched all of them).

So you won't think that's all I do from my life, I'll stop here, but there is much more. Not for this holiday, though. I decided to intersperse my internet addiction with a Karate Kid marathon - bought all the DVDs and indulged in lots of Mr. Myagi and Daniel San. 

Worst part is tomorrow I have an early morning and I just feel like staying in and doing whatever there is to do with this pretty new vaio here. 

Hope you all had a nice Wednesday.


Nenhum comentário: